Monday, January 4, 2010

All I Really Needed To Know....

There is a poem entitled "All I Really Needed To Know I Learned In Kindergarten." The poem expresses the sentiment that as children we learn manners. We learn that we should say "Thank you" and "You're welcome." We learn to say "I'm sorry," if we make a mistake or do something wrong. We are taught to treat all human beings with love and respect.
It seems that in the world today, there is a lack of manners. There is a lack of caring. People often abuse each other verbally, physically, and emotionally. People use hurful language. People fight. It seems that there is much turmoil in schools, in churches, in various racial and ethnic communities, in the the heterosexual and the homosexual community, etc. All of the bickering in the world causes me to ask one question: Where is the love?
What happened to what we learned as children?...don't hit people...no bullying...learn to work out your problems. Are there any kind-hearted, loving people left out there?
I am one of those people. I have a genuine care and concern for all people. I am a very respectful person. I have manners. People of the world today, respect one another. Stop the hate and show some love!

No comments:

Post a Comment